WHEN GOD DECIDES TO SHOW UP
When God decides to show up, it means He has a plan up His sleeves (Jeremiah 29:11)!
When God decides to show up in your life, it means He is about to spring up a surprise (Isaiah 43:19a)!
When God decides to show up in your dire straits, it suggests that He intends to make a way where there seemed to be no way (Isaiah 43:19b)!
When God decides to show up in your impossible situation, He wants to reverse the irreversible (Ezekiel 37:4; Jeremiah 32:27)!
When God decides to show up in your finances, He wants to make you prosper in economically turbulent times such as these, even as your soul prospers (3 John 1:2)!
When God decides to show up in your affairs, He wants to confound every plot, conspiracy, shame, reproach, disgrace and every attempt of character defamation levelled at you; and thereby showcase you to the world (Psalm 2:1; Joel 2:17; Isaiah 8:10)!
When God decides to show up in your case, He wants to bless you and by extension make you a blessing to your immediate family, church, environment, and your world (Genesis 12:2-3; Matthew 5:14)!
When God decides to show up in your situation, He wants to turn around your captivity, and cause you to sing a new song (Psalms 40:3)!
Conditions and Requirements for God to Show up
But before God will decide to show up, you must understand His mode of operation:
- You must understand that He can never be stampeded or compelled to dance to your tune because He calls the shots (Psalm 135:6).
- You must seek first and yearn for His kingdom on earth every morning, and walk in His righteousness every day of your life (Matthew 6:33).
- You must humble yourself completely before God (Psalm 147:6; 1 Peter 5:6).
- You must intensify your personal Bible Studies, meditation, and prayers (2 Timothy 2:15; Joshua 1:8, 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- You must position yourself to hear what God is saying in the storm or trial you are facing (Habakkuk 2:1).
- After God has shown you what to do, then be expectant and wait for the pleasant surprises to come or wait for the divine promises to be fulfilled (Hebrews 11:1-2).
- You must stop sleeping, daydreaming, grumbling, frittering away precious time, or wandering about doing nothing. Don’t just wait for the pleasant surprises or divine promises to come; swing into massive action, and start acting out what God has shown you to do. In other words, play your part, and God will play His (Ephesians 5:15-17; James 2: 20-22).
- To experience a perpetual cycle of pleasant surprises you must follow the points listed above.
Prayers for God to Show up
- O LORD, please show up in my life with pleasant events; please, get rid of every negative event, affliction, or trial in my life; let me know what You are saying to me in my storm or present situation; turn around every negative situation to a pleasant situation; make me a perpetual candidate for pleasant tidings; make me a surprise package; let divine surprises spring up in my spiritual life, personal life, career, business, finances, etc., continually to the glory of Your name.
Written by Henry Weiss
(Author of Christian Excellence and Morality)